Since quite some time now a new blog-article – mainly to conserve this knowledge:
I modernized the AIS-Setup in my boat and am now selling my trustworthy Simrad AI50 AIS transponder. But how to reset the MMSI so that a new user could use it?
That’s what I partially found out on the net and partially figured out:
- Format an SD-Card (capacity smaller or equal to 2 GB) with FAT32.
- Create a text-file in the root directory with the file name
- Put the string Y91%p7kQ@21#aV in the text file and save it.
- Open the back of the transponder, put the SD card in.
- Switch the transponder on.
- Enable logging in the menu.
- Follow the instructions to reset the transponder